WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Super nerd alert!


So for all of you geeks like me, there's a new album out that I think you should be aware of. It's called Nightmare Revisited and it's a compilation of covers of the entire score to The Nightmare Before Christmas. That idea alone wouldn't sell me on the album. I love the film and the score (I used to know all the lyrics by heart) and don't find the need for a bunch of covers really. However, check out the track listing and tell me you're not curious.

1. Overture DeVotchKa
2. Opening Danny Elfman
3. This Is Halloween Marilyn Manson
4. Jack's Lament The All-American Rejects
5. Doctor Finkelstein/In the Forest Amiina
6. What's This? Flyleaf
7. Town Meeting Song The Polyphonic Spree
8. Jack and Sally Montage The Vitamin String Quartet
9. Jack's Obsession Sparklehorse
10. Kidnap the Sandy Claws Koßn
11. Making Christmas Rise Against
12. Nabbed Yoshida Brothers
13. Oogie Boogie's Song Rodrigo y Gabriela
14. Sally's Song Amy Lee
15. Christmas Eve Montage Rjd2
16. Poor Jack Plain White T's
17. To the Rescue Datarock
18. Finale/Reprise Shiny Toy Guns
19. Closing Danny Elfman
20. End Title The Album Leaf

Okay, it's my dream come true. Marilyn Manson and Sparklehorse (one of my all-time favorites ever) on the same record. I know there are a bunch of DeVotchKa fans who check this. I haven't listened to the record yet, but I have it in my dirty paws so I'll let you know...I just can't believe that this exists.

2 comments:

PunchBuggyBlues said...

I bought the DeVotchKa track this morning. The Manson one was on the deluxe reissue that came out a few years ago. Both aren't bad.

No opinion on the rest of it though. I'm just glad and surprised that itunes isn't requiring you to buy the whole thing.

iso.bot said...

oh i'm sooo curious, i need to hear it!