WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Monday, October 20, 2008

Ride that train

The Midnight Meat Train was so cool. I just thought it was great. Matt wasn't so deeply impressed. He thought it was "kinda cheesy". As an old Clive Barker fan, I enjoyed it thoroughly. From my impressions from the preview, it was exactly what I expected, plus a little bit more. If you have cable and have On Demand, hit up FearNet for free viewing. I just feel such relief at finally getting the chance to scratch that itch.

Had a lovely weekend of seeing friends and scrubbing floors (okay, that wasn't so lovely) and goofing off.

Another new obsession: HBO's True Blood. Okay, so it's been on for 7 episodes now and I'm finally getting around to raving. I'm in love with this ridiculous, inane and wildly entertaining show. It's cheesy and funny and extremely graphic (particularly with the sexy stuff) and I highly recommend it if you have HBO. I adore Anna Paquin and I love the character of Bill (delightfully, my husband bears a nice resemblance to Bill, yeah!). More on True Blood later. I need to post more about the show, I'm just so enamored with it. The opening credits are amazing, I get excited every time they start to roll.

I'm going to be a vampire for Halloween. I don't think I'm going to be a specific vampire. Just A Vampire. Generic, I know, but I have to work so I'm not putting much effort into this. How about you readers out there? What are you going to be for Halloween?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still debating between Wednesday Addams, a Newsie, or a crusty old sailor (my safety costume - easy to throw together in a pinch). Still no plans on Halloween, though, so I don't know what occasion I'll have to dress up! Vampire will a fun costume. I want to see True Blood.

waltzingmathilda said...

Ursula the Sea Witch. I'm merely an accessory to my kid's Ariel costume. Sigh.

PunchBuggyBlues said...

Joker, which will go so well with Jamee and Tilda's costumes.

Can't wait to wear it to work.