WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wow, time flies

March was the longest month ever, April was the shortest. I can't believe it's May already.
The Lou Reed show was pretty good, especially considering the fact that we're talking about a guy who's pushing seventy. Unlike Iggy and Morrissey, Lou had the courtesy to keep his shirt the whole time. He also avoided breaking a hip, which was nice. The show began around 8:45 and ended at about 10:15, so I was home by 11pm so I was a happy camper. Lou was perhaps the coolest 66-year-old rocker I've seen. Instead of playing the insanely boring set of experimental new music that I anticipated he would perform, he actually played "I'm Set Free", "I'm Sticking with You", and my fave, "Sweet Jane". It was actually kinda rad. Go Lou.
In happy news: Matt and I finished all 29 episodes of Twin Peaks, starting with the pilot and finishing up with Fire Walk With Me. I may expand upon this cause it's quite a story, but I saw FWWM when I was a naive fourteen year old and when I hadn't seen any episodes of the television show. As a horror movie buff, I was pretty resilient at that age, but FWWM scared the living crap out of me. Terrified me, couldn't sleep for nights on end. Saw it again at the age of 22, still hadn't seen any of the tv show, still scared the s#!t out of me. When Matt said that we should watch the film, I was freakin' and was not excited to see it again for fear of endless sleepless nights. However, after taking in the tv show, I'm delighted to report that the film made so much more sense and I conquered my fear! Yay! I kinda even want to see it again soon.
The new Portishead album, Third, is out now. Do not walk, run to the store to buy it right now. Also, the Flight of the Conchords full - length is now available and it's wonderful. I laugh so hard I nearly cry every time I hear the track "Think About It".

No comments: