WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Monday, May 5, 2008

My brain hurts


My work has been crummy and I'm dealing with some family drama. I don't wish to blog about such things, however, I want to blog about the fun and delightful things happening in my dullsville life in VA. So I will use this opportunity this blog presents as an outlet for presenting the fun and entertainment-oriented stuff rather than the depressing or downright boring details of daily life here.

Good news numero uno: The fantastic Gogol Bordello will be performing at Toad's Place in Richmond in June. Yes! I've missed them before because of my unwillingness to drive to D.C. or Blacksburg or due to poor time with work schedule. This time, it's on!

Good news numero dos: Word has hit the street that the legendary Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds will be in D.C. at the 9:30 Club on Sunday October 5th. No word on when tickets go on sale. I must attend this show. I've been into Nick Cave since I was in high school and I've passed up his shows before. I won't make the same mistake again.

Treis: The Cure show at the Patriot Center is Friday! Yeah! It's about freakin' time.


Quatro: Got my husband his early birthday gift: tickets to Weird Al Yankovic at the National in Richmond.


Cinco: Bellydance Superstars Raqs America extravaganza weekend in June! I've registered for a bunch of workshops and all sorts of fun stuff. I'll get to learn from my favorite dancer, Sharon Kihara (pictured above). Although her video is a bit advanced and too fast-paced, she's incredibly talented and I'm looking forward to the workshops. Matt's coming so that we can make it a weekend getaway and snuggle up at a hotel, too.

I took French in high school so I don't know number six in Spanish. It's rokku in Japanese. Numero Rokku: My beautiful Leah from NYC will be town this weekend. It's her birthday on Sunday so hopefully I'll get to see her.

I wish everyone a happy Cinco de Mayo! Hope to see some of you out at these upcoming shows (give me a shout if you're going to be there).

1 comment:

waltzingmathilda said...

Nick Cave, eh? Hmmm....