WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Old bands, new music


So all these oldies are hitting the road and making new records when they should probably be contemplating a retirement to Shady Pines. Instead the geezers are touring and fools like me are paying silly money for tickets.

Today the Nick Cave tickets are on sale for the 9:30 Club show (see yesterday's post). His new record is Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! and it's pretty good. I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Murder Ballads and I even liked Lyre of Orpheus/Abattoir Blues better. Still, it's a heckuva step up from Grinderman which I didn't care much for at all. I'm so excited to finally see the man live!

The big Cure show is tomorrow. I bought these tickets last July. The show was supposed to take place in September. This is a long time coming and I hope it's not one huge disappointment. This is the first show of their major U.S. tour so it could really go either way. If you visit their official site, http://www.thecure.com/ then you can hear a snippet of the first single, "The Only One". It sounds a lot like Wish, "Friday I'm In Love"-era Cure. That's not necessarily bad. At least it's a lot better than that last piece of junk they put out. I've loved the Cure since I was about twelve years old, so I'm getting geared up for this one. Let's hope the band has taken their Centrum Silver and are ready to rock! The image above is taken from The Cure's official site. It's really a terrible picture and that's an indication that perhaps the years are not being very kind.

1 comment:

iso.bot said...

the few reviews i've read today on the cure show sound like it was pretty good. did you have fun?