WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Musings on aging

I have less than five more days of being "in my twenties". The big 3-oh is imminent!

I am not nervous or freaked. I'm rather happy. I already affiliate myself with an older age group. Over the last year when people have asked my age I've replied "I'm almost 30" because replying with "29" sounds like a lie. My best friend refers to me as "The Old Bag Whisperer" thanks to my job and my uncanny ability to coddle and placate the elderly. It's because I know how they think and that's scary! I'm happy, though. This last year has been really great and I have only optimism for the future. This is strange because I was always negative and fatalistic in my "youth". It may attributed to my keen awareness of my own mortality. That sounds unpleasant, but it's really not. It's more of a real sense of carpe diem that I possess.

Work is boring. We have no shows on sale so I don't have to deal with old people (or young people), just the high-maintenance boss, and that's a job in and of itself. Tomorrow is my work birthday party (every staff member gets a potluck lunch and a gift on their birthday) so I'm excited about that.

Sorry, this is a rambling and ridiculous post. My work is just making me stir crazy so I've resorted to blogging!

No comments: