WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween disappointments

Wow, today bites. I had to judge a PTA Reflections contest. How does this happen to me? Is it simply a well-known fact that I am not child-friendly, therefore people think it's funny to subject me to this crap? More importantly, I must ask myself why the heck I agree to do these things (at flippin' 8am, no less). I have a hard time saying no when people ask for favors. Still, I must learn to say no. They gave me a bizarre Halloween coaster for my efforts. I think it's a painted roof shingle.
Now I'm exhausted and my workday stinks. There's a performance tonight so I'm stuck working while my husband gets to have fun scaring small children. This is the second year in a row that I'm stuck at work on Halloween. I have no costume cause I figure I'm scary enough as it is, especially today.
So help me keep entertained at work and tell me what you and your families and/or pets will be doing for Halloween and if you'll get dressed up. I need some vicarious fun, folks!

3 comments:

kim said...

Wow. PTA Reflections contest... I remember those. Sounds like a blast. Really. Can't wait to see that shingle at Christmas time when we visit. Heh heh.

Emmy insisted on being Ming Ming the duck (a la Wonder Pets, her fave cartoon) so we bought a duck costume and Mommy made the cape. We've now done 3 of 4 parties - we're hoping to come down from the sugar high in, oh, about 3 weeks. I'll post pics later tonight!

Anonymous said...

The husband only got to scare about 5 kids, a mother-in-law, and a couple of un-costumed 17 year olds who muttered the lowsiest "trick-or-treats" I've ever heard. So, not much was missed there. Now I know for next year not to elaborately set up fog and lights - just can't justify it in our new neighborhood ...

Jeff said...

No costumes here. In fact, the wife and I purposely avoided being at home so we didn't have to deal with trick or treaters. Went out to eat. It was a Thai halloween. The best kind.