WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Have I lost my freakin' mind?


I have fallen head over heels in love with the art of Junko Mizuno. Junko is a Japanese artist who's style fuses manga cute with evil weirdness. She publishes warped manga fairy tales. For instance, Princess Mermaid concerns mermaid sisters who dismember and eat humans. Yay! So the famous toymakers kidrobot have paid homage to the lovely Mizuno with two limited edition vinyl figures. I evidently lost what little mind I ever had and bought both of them. I can't believe I spent all that stupid money on toys! And yet I'm so very thrilled and excited.
They have both arrived and they are so, so cute! Very detailed, very odd little dolls. The nurse reaches about 8 or 9" high, the blonde is seated and reaches 5.5" inches. They are now living a glass display case for my guests (and me) to oooh and aaahhh over.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Yikes, $75 each! They're definitely cool, though. I'd buy one (probably not both) if they were a little cheaper. Wonder how big they are?

Anonymous said...

Is that a bunny with a chainsaw for a nose?