WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Yes, oh yes. Joy of joys, love of loves!


Dreams do come true. From February 7-17, 2008, The Kennedy Center will present JAPAN! Culture + Hyperculture, an exhibit featuring some of the greatest visual and performing arts of traditional and contemporary Japan. Featured in this festival of sorts are two of my three favorite Japanese artists, Mika Ninagawa and Yayoi Kusama. The only one missing is Nobuyoshi Araki, but that would be asking too much anyway. He he were there to complete the triumvirate, I would surely die of visual overstimulation on the floor of the Kennedy Center lobby. I had one of the greatest and most unforgettable days of my life seeing Kusama's "Eternity-Modernity" exhibition at the Kyoto Museum of Modern Art. This festival at The Kennedy Center will surely be extraordinary. I encourage everyone (especially the Arlingtonians!) to see this. The visual exhibitions appear to be free, also. I'm so excited, I could barely get to sleep last night! Ninagawa and Kusama in the same place! Hurray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this several weeks ago and meant to point it out to you. Of course I should have known you would find out about it anyway, you hip, happenin' young thang.
You can sleep in the basement and I will cook you good food.