WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mercury Rev on "All Things Considered"

As my clever post title indicates, my musical heroes Mercury Rev will be featured on NPR's "All Things Considered" today, Saturday September 27th. Check your local stations for air time, though the program should be available for streaming online, too.

Local folks can hit up 89.5 WHRV at 5:00 pm for the radio broadcast. I brought my sad little old radio to work so that I can listen since the evil folks over at the city IT department make sure we can't access any streaming media from our city computers.

In delightfully related news, I received an e-mail notifying me that my copy of "Snowflake Midnight" has been shipped! On Tuesday each and every one of us will be able to download the companion album "Strange Attractors" absolutely free! It's a dream come true. I love you, Mercury Rev.

That bunny on the cover of "Snowflake Midnight" is the bunny I dreamt about a month or so ago. I dreamt that I accidentally hurt it, I think I stepped on it and opened up a gash on its chest. It was bleeding and was going to die. I was devastated. I set the rabbit on my chest so that the gash was against my skin. I petted the bunny and calmed it. We laid that way in bed for two weeks, and once the two weeks had past, the bunny was completely healed.

No comments: