WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sorry Butch


Musician and producer Butch Walker has not had a very good week. My buddy Sam sent this news release to me:


Malibu Fires Hit Home of Butch Walker
Butch Walker and his family have fallen victim to the wildfires spread
by the Santa Ana winds across Malibu, CA. On November 24th a family
friend was forced to evacuate the singer, songwriter and producer's
Malibu home, which was being rented from Red Hot Chili Peppers
guitarist Flea, due to the rapidly spreading fire. Walker was in New
York City at the time on tour.
Says Walker "I had just consolidated my entire recording studio and
house from Atlanta into the one house In Malibu. I lost everything I've
ever owned. Every master of every song I've ever recorded, every piece
of recording equipment, guitars, drums and things I've collected over
the years, cars, motorcycles, every family memorial, heirloom, picture,
and document we ever had.... Gone. I feel like I finally know the
difference between 'going back' and 'going home'."
Walker and his family request privacy during this painful time.


For those of you unfamiliar, Butch Walker has produced some singles for one of my favorite bands, Puffy. He's also put out some great solo work. Anyway, best wishes and best of luck to Butch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Butch - now that is a loss that no insurance can cover ...