WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Monday, September 28, 2009

Shameless self-promotion

I've been encouraged to post this. I was reluctant. However, Saturday went very well so I'm feeling a bit bold today.
I'm part of a new band called Lord Bowler. If you have ever watched the 90s tv show called The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. , then you might recognize the name. Lord Bowler is myself, my husband Matt, and two different guys named Mike. That's us in the photo above (I like that one best cause I prefer the sillier pictures instead of us looking very serious, I am a silly person). We've been hanging out and writing original songs together and finally played our first show on Saturday. The show went surprisingly well given the closet-sized space that we had to work with. The feedback has been very promising and encouraging.

Please visit http://www.lordbowler.com/ and check us out. We have a mailing list, a Myspace and a Twitter. We should have a Facebook soon, I think. If you have any of these thingies, please hook up with us if you like what you hear on the website. We have a five song EP called "The Warehouse Brian EP" and we'll sell the whole thing to you for only $3.00 (cheaper than iTunes!). If you really like the sound and you want to experience it firsthand, come out to Norfolk on October 24th when we play The Boot with bands Seasons Collide and Sweet Tea Pumpkin Pie from D.C.

So there's my shameless self-promotion for Lord Bowler.

4 comments:

Emily R said...

Is that the Air Power Park?

Misty Beethoven said...

Yes, indeed! That's the Air Power Park. We got some great shots there. I'll post more soon.

kim said...

Congrats!!! Sounds awesome, we'll definitely have to catch up next time we're in town. :)

(And cool pic - you look great!)

Unknown said...

You rock! At first glance I thought this was a picture of you on the True Blood set, then I realized that guy is Matt, not Vampire Bill!