WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Coming down

I am still reeling from the excitement and bliss that I experienced at the Dragon Con this weekend. It was everything I had hoped it would be and more (in fact, it was the exact opposite of the Romanian vacation, thank goodness). I met everyone I had hoped to meet and then some. I missed out on a few panels that I should have gone to, but I attended a number of interesting panels that were outstanding.

I have photos to share and stories to tell.

I met all of the artists that I admire so, and each person was just as friendly and gracious as could be. I was actually a bit starstruck and tongue-tied when I met Doktor A.

Yes, I did get to meet Terry Gilliam and it was just as wonderful as I had hoped!

Yes, I attended Kidrobot's 2009 DunnyFest release party and it was pretty great. I was able to snag great toys and get some custom drawings. The people were fantastic.

Yes, I did get to meet Brad Dourif and he was so kind and accommodating. He's very cool.

Yes, I met Doug Jones and he was truly a character!

Yes, I did get to meet Malcolm McDowell. No, he didn't spank me. But it was better than that, better than I thought it would be. I think I'm in love a little bit. No, actually, I'm in love a lot.

The trip was wonderful. It was exhausting, I'm sure that I walked at least 6 or more miles each day and stood in infinitely long lines. I battled massive crowds and spent too much money. It was all worth every penny and every step and every missed minute of sleep. I think I'll have to go back again some year...perhaps 2010.

I will post pictures and more stories later. I do not have photos of artists, which makes me a little sad. I am very terrible about taking pictures, I get very caught up in the moment and then I regret not taking photos later. Heck, I didn't even have my camera most of the time. Also, I will tell about each day in greater detail.

It was one of the most memorable and lovely times of my life.

No comments: