WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More DragonCon

On the Saturday evening of the DragonCon, Matt and I went to a panel discussion about a new movie The Fading of the Cries. I didn't know anything about the movie. I didn't even know the title. All I knew was that the panel involved actor Brad Dourif. I adore Brad Dourif for his work in John Huston's Wise Blood, Milos Forman's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and the television show Deadwood. I found out only today that Brad Dourif is famous to most people for doing the voice of Chucky in the Child's Play films. I had no idea, especially since I've never seen an entire Child's Play film.
Anyway, I digress. Matt and I are fans of Dourif so we made sure to be at the panel. It was announced very late, just days before the convention. It was odd, very few people attended. I suppose word just didn't spread. Anyway, the panel also involved Elaine Hendrix (who I immediately recognized from Romy & Michele's High School Reunion) and Thomas Ian Nicholas (name seemed familiar, turns out he was Kevin from the American Pie movies). Also in attendance was the director, Brian Metcalf, and the producer. The panel was interesting, though I'm still not entirely sure what the movie is about. I'm not sure that the actors are exactly sure what the movie is about. You can see the trailer here. I think it actually looks pretty cool, strangely enough. Apparently they're searching for distribution so it will be summer 2010 before it sees a release.

Also, Brad Dourif is an awesome guy, very friendly and cool. He signed my copy of Wise Blood. Did I mention that DragonCon was wonderful?

1 comment:

Matt said...

Brad Dourif is one intense MF. And, he is a super nice guy, if it is possible to be both at the same time! Post the pics! Post the pics! You can see what we are talking about by the look in his eye!