WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kidrobot DunnyFest 09

I went to Atlanta not for kisses but for toys (hurray, I got both!). I attended Kidrobot's DunnyFest 09 pre-release party for the new Dunny series. I was so excited, I waited in line for nearly 2 hrs just to make sure that I scored the special Doktor A toy. However, I also managed to scored some new Dunny toys and see some exciting artists do their thing. It was a night to remember, that's for sure.

I was a big dummy, though. I arrived with no blank toys and not one piece of paper. How silly! They had posters but the supply was so limited that you had to win one. I had nothing to be signed and I felt like a right idiot. I found some sort of flier printed on card stock at our table that someone had left, so I had one blank side of paper. I wasn't sure what to do so I chose to ask the beautiful Tara McPherson to doodle for me. She actually made quite a lovely drawing on this sorry piece of card stock. I plan on framing it, it's so delightful! I feel so lucky.

I had the darling Doktor A sign the special edition Dragon Con toy that he designed and it's fantastic. I adore it and I adore the charming Doktor. I also met the very cool Voltaire who signed some little toys. He's a hoot, very funny and definitely a unique character. Later before I left, the coordinator (who was an awesome guy) hooked me up with a poster. It was so late that all the artists were wrapping up. I got the good Doktor's last drawing that evening and I think this poster is getting a frame.

The beautiful Toy Baroness was there celebrating and taking photos. She's so pretty and she has a collection of seriously badass tattoos. I want to be her when I grow up. She snapped a photo of me cradling my new Amanda Visell bee Dunny, and you can see that clearly on the Kidrobot blog. Click here to read the article and check out the Flickr slideshow. I've got red lipstick and I look sorta stoned (sadly, I wasn't stoned, I was just completely exhausted but really blissed out). I can't believe that I was able to be a small part of Kidrobot history. I think that if I could have a Groundhog day to live, I might choose last Friday. A big thank you to all of the artists who were so friendly and accomodating and so damn talented.

4 comments:

kim said...

I just saw your picture! I just saw your picture! :)

JayPee said...

Hi! We met at Dragon*Con. We talked at Willy's, or whatever it's called, the Mexican place. How did you end up getting that giant poster home? Did you take any photos of it? I got a article posted on KRonikle! Take a peek and please please please leave a comment if you get a second! http://bit.ly/ovZta

Misty Beethoven said...

Well hi there JayPee! It was lovely to meet you in ATL. It was so great to finally meet other collectors. I have indeed read your post on KRonikle (kudos on that, it's terrific!). I'll definitely go leave a comment soon.
The huge poster was not my fave, I'm not so big on Stash's work. It was heavy stock, so I just folded it up to keep as a souvenir. Fortunately I got my Dok A-sketched Dunny poster rolled up in a tube and home safe & sound.
I finally, FINALLY registered at the Kidrobot forums and I'll get to posting soon, look for me as mistybeethoven.

JayPee said...

Thanks so much for posting a comment! See you around the KR Board!