WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Random stuff on a red letter day

Today is a big happy day. First of all, it's my four year wedding anniversary! Hurray! We get to go eat sushi and fancy dessert.

Today is also the day we celebrate the kitties' birthday. They are sisters. Happy Birthday, Chucky and Ezmeralda! They are 6 years old today.

I am trying desperately to get through the goofiness that is Stephanie Meyer's Breaking Dawn. I figured that I had better finish up the series. Good grief, it's a long book and it's so ridiculous. It makes the others seem somewhat realistic and highbrow. I'll probably be a bit dumber after I'm finished. In fact, I'm pretty sure the whole Twilight thing has made me even more of a moron than I was previously. Anyway, I'm anxious to finish it so that I can dive into some books I got for Christmas as well as the novel Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist.

The new tribal dance class began last evening and I think it's going to be excellent. I believe it will be a challenge but ultimately a very rewarding one.

Last Saturday we attended a surprisingly terrific bellydance and sideshow event in Richmond. Matt was the sound man and he did a wonderful job. We saw my instructor Dana do her thing (voi dance, incredible). We also saw tribal goddess Asharah who impresses me more each time I see her. There was also a fantastic juggler and jester, Paolo Garbanzo, who juggled "mostly razor sharp knives" and told jokes. It was a superb evening.

Enough rambling. I got off track a bit. Happy January 15th!

3 comments:

kim said...

Happy anniversary, Maria and Matt! I can't believe it was FOUR years ago!!!

iso.bot said...

Breaking Dawn absolutely infuriated me. I mean, all of them were stupid books, but that one actually angered me and had me slamming it shut at points. It is such a joke. We saw the movie right after I finished that book, which definitely aided in my dislike of the film (although now i can't wait to watch it again for the cheese)

waltzingmathilda said...

This is late, but Happy Anniversary! Sushi anniversary sounds awesome...