WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Monday, January 19, 2009

Most awesome of the awesome


I want to see The Wrestler so badly it's almost painful. It's pretty much all that I can think about. My job is so crazy. The show tonight is sold out and I've been here since 9 am and I'll leave around 9 pm. Tomorrow will be much the same. All that's getting me through is knowing that The Wrestler is coming on Friday.

I had hoped to know very little about the movie. However, I saw the preview yesterday and it made me want to see it even more. Mickey Rourke's amazing, rambling speech at the Golden Globes sealed the deal for me. Did anyone catch that? He prompted director Darren Aronofsky to give him the finger. He thanked Axl Rose and then thanked his dogs. It was by far the best speech ever given at an awards show.

Then I found Rourke's new ad for PETA (pictured above). I really thought that Dita Von Teese had the best ever PETA ad, but this might top it thanks to the use of the word "cajones".

Yesterday I saw Slumdog Millionaire. It was good (certainly miles above Wall-E). However, after 24 hrs to ponder, I don't think it's Danny Boyle's best. I remember being just thrilled to bits with Trainspotting, so much so that I saw it 3 times in its theatrical run. I also adored 28 Days Later. I guess I enjoyed Slumdog quite a bit, but I perhaps would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had no expectations. I just kept hearing how incredible it is. Yes, it's good, but perhaps just not quite great. Oh well, still entertaining and recommended.

Oh, I just can't wait until Friday!

No comments: