WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back in the saddle

I've been sick as a dog (whatever that means, but my dog is currently not feeling well, so I guess the phrase applies) and have been M.I.A. at work and on blog for almost a week now. I'm back to feeling close to normal again, thank goodness. So long, stomach virus!

So Lionsgate distribution can go f^c# themselves because they're dumping Midnight Meat Train into 100 theatres nationwide and the closest theatre is some craphole in Lynchburg. I'm furious, and so are numerous horror freaks who are busily bitching away on imdb. I'm right there with them, I don't understand how Lionsgate could really lose by opening a film like this one wide. I'm so angry, and I'm not driving to Lynchburg.

As some of my fellow bloggers have already announced, David Byrne will be visiting Newport News! He's hitting the Ferguson Center on September 18th. If you're in the area, be sure to go cause Byrne puts on a great show. I caught him in D.C. on his "Look Into The Eyeball" tour and it was excellent. Tickets for the show at the Ferguson Center go on sale Aug 4. John Tesh is also visiting the Ferguson Center, but I would recommend drinking the special Jonestown Kool-Aid before even considering that concert.

No comments: