WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Victory Regina


I think I need to quit going to so many live concerts. I'm too damn old for this.

Regina Spektor was lovely, but the Norva was a terrible venue for her talents. Regina had no backing band, just a Steinway. For a woman and a piano, a venue with seats would be preferable to help assure that the audience gives the artist the proper attention. Not so much at the Norva! I think some of my fellow attendees were a bit confused and thought perhaps they were at a Def Leppard concert or something similar. People talked and shouted at one another throughout while drunkenly text messaging on their cell phones. The audience was appreciative of her talents to a degree, but too many people treated it like a regular rock show.

Still, despite the distractions and irritations caused by inconsiderate human beings, Regina Spektor can sure tickle the ivorys and belt out a tune.

No comments: