WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Resolve


Did everyone have a safe, happy New Year? It's that time of year again, kiddos. Time when everyone asks what your resolutions for 2008 are, time when you're supposed to reevaluate your life and fix all the things that are wrong or perhaps just adjust things a tad so that you will be a better and more complete human being. It's horrible pressure, it really is.

This year, predictably, I resolve to lose some weight (I resolve this every year and I don't think I'm ever successful) and exercise more (I accomplished this last year but just ate more so it wasn't very useful). Also, I resolve to spend more time with my grandmother. I was a bit neglectful of her this past year, substituting actual time together with quick phone calls full of excuses. Shame on me. Lastly, I resolve to keep taking bellydance lessons and get good enough to graduate from Remedial Bellydance for Spazzers to the basic Tribal courses. That's not a picture of me above, of course. That's Rachel Brice of the Bellydance Superstars. She's the Tribal bellydance goddess.

So, friends, what are your resolutions?

4 comments:

kim said...

Hmmm... Lose the baby weight in a decent amount of time? And try to go to bed at a decent hour, like, 11ish instead of 2am.

Oh, and most importantly, figure out how to keep my sanity with 2 kids (okay, actually 3 - gotta count in my med student too).

Btw, say hi to your grandmother for me and send her lots of our love! I so miss her wonderful cooking and those fun dinner parties of yore...

ekrobi said...

- Lose the weight I've gained since starting anxiety meds
- Take the stairs at work instead of the elevator (hopefully that will help with the above)
- Wash my dishes as I use them instead of just rinsing them and letting them sit in the sink overnight.

Happy new year!

Sam McDonald said...

My resolutions?

1. Stop complaining about my wife's "America's Next Top Model" addiction.

2. Stop saying "cool" so much.

3. Stop saying "exactly" so much.

4. Start collecting rare Rob Zombie bootlegs.

Anonymous said...

This is late, but I have been remiss in checking your blog lately. My apologies. Can you guess who this is? It's Tom Cruise.

My resolutions include reading the paper more frequently, if not every day, to keep abreast of current events and win political arguments with my dad (Tom Cruise senior). I'd also like to read more in general and make more time for studying (I'm considering nursing, as the whole acting thing's starting to suck. I suck, actually. Male nurses are "in" anyway.)

I'd also like to be more positive and stop sucking in general so much. And I'll do Katie Holmes more often.