WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Miracles happen every day


Lately I've been loudly griping about artists touring far away or not at all. Of course, I shouldn't complain because I attended a lot of great concerts last year (and two so far this year!). Nevertheless, I was saddened by my inability to hear some of my faves live (as detailed in my post about the great disappointments of 2007).

Now I have to shut the hell up and rejoice, for Serj Tankian is coming to town next month! That's right kids, Serj is hitting the NorVa on Feb. 15th. Tix on sale this weekend!

If I could ask for any artist to perform at any venue, it would be Tom Waits at the theatre where I work. But that's a pipe dream of enormous proportions, so I am deeply satisfied with Serj coming anywhere close at all, let alone less than 30min from my home. 2008 is shaping up to be grand!

Special thanks to Sam for giving me the heads up on this and making my day/week/month/year.

1 comment:

PunchBuggyBlues said...

Considering where Tom Waits played on the Orphans tour, him playing at your theater may not be a pipe dream after all.

And I'd rather drive to Hampton than friggin' Akron again.