WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Be still, my heart


I just put in Richard Hawley's new album Lady's Bridge. It's exactly like his earlier albums. Lush, romantic, melodramatic, beautiful. Good gracious. I haven't listened to him in such a long time that I forgot how completely weak I get when I hear his music. I had to blink back tears when the chorus of the first song began. Sitting in my office is not the place to listen to this glorious music. I need to be in my room, eyes closed and relaxed on my bed or on my velvet couch, hanging on Hawley's every note. This is the music you want to hear in your dreams.


Speaking of dreams, I dreamt last night that I was a member of the all-male ballet troupe Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo. I was a wonderful dancer. When someone asked why I was in the troupe since I am a female, I explained that I was indeed a boy. My mother had wanted a baby girl so she raised me as a girl and I continued to live as one, despite my male anatomy that granted me intrance into the Trockadero troupe.