WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Slave to the wage

Sorry for the lack of posts. My job has been killing my soul. Twelve hour days filled with nothing but customer service and accounting. Delightful.
Last Friday my worst work fear came true. We had a sold out show and the artist canceled around 10:30 am that morning. This means attempting to contact 400 people and explain the situation and their ticket options. It was an unholy mess. I will be dealing with the repercussions for some time to come. Plus, this weekend I have a 3-hr long Shakespeare production to look forward to! Both Saturday and Sunday! Aren't I lucky? My next day off appears to be February 29th. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it.
Plus, it's just been busy as all hell. No time to catch up on my blogging, hardly time to catch up on my requisite paperwork.

Also, IKEA let me down. I used to love it, now I shiver to think about it. Oceans of people and their screaming brats queuing up hundreds deep to pick up a shitty particle board 3-drawer chest to save $30 odd dollars. Crowds make me nervous and send me into a panic state. All I wanted was my display case. Thankfully I got what I needed, but it was a zoo. The customer service there is usually decent, but the employees were rude and unpleasant, and the checkout lines were nuts. Plus, Woodbridge has turned into a bourgeois mecca of sorts, a nightmare of commercial shopping and traffic. I will think twice or three times before ever considering another road trip to my beloved IKEA whose good reputation has now been forever sullied.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

IKEA + Holiday = Mayhem. I think you've been wise up until now to only make the roadtrip on weekdays that AREN'T holidays. Don't let President's day madness taint the beauty of IKEA - We're going to need more STORM eventually!

kim said...

LOL, welcome to my life! I have to admit that many of my mom friends here see Ikea as a veritable Disney World of kid fun. We've done it once or twice but it's just too darn far to make a habit out of it. Whew! (And it stresses us out too - keeping up with the kids can be a nightmare there. But then again, the cheap cafeteria scores bonus points...)

Anonymous said...

Fuck a malm!

Anonymous said...

Were all slaves to someone... that's part of the human condition.

Cheers!