WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Friday, March 28, 2008

Hot tamales


When my husband finally tires of me and divorces my sorry tail, then I think I'll marry either Gary Oldman (fellow AA attendee, yessir!) or the delicious Sune Rose Wagner of the band The Raveonettes. If you haven't heard the Raveonettes, you're missing out. They are sort of a cross between old Phil Spector '60s recordings and Julee Cruise with insanely heavy reverb and gorgeous melodies layered over superfuzzed guitars.

My ToggleSwitch friend and I saw them play a very odd random matinee show in the middle of the week several years ago and I fell in love. Dude is HOT. I was a drooling idiot, like that old Tex Avery cartoon wolf. And ToggleSwitch was trying keep his toggle in check while checking out the lovely Sharin Foo, the Nico-esque blonde beauty that completes the duo.

Regardless of super sex appeal, their music is terrific and their new album, Lust Lust Lust (my, that's appropriate!) may be their best effort yet.

1 comment:

iso.bot said...

ummmm, you should stick with the raveonettes guy, gary is already taken. :-)