WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tittoos


Wow, I have very little to post about lately. It's slow for me working all the time and spending all free time trying to get it together for Christmas.


Over the summer I became obsessed with the reality television show L.A. Ink. I don't care much for reality shows in general, but I really enjoyed this program about giggly girls creating beautiful tattoo art. Because of this silly show, I started watching Miami Ink but didn't find that as entertaining. I got very, very excited when I saw the preview for London Ink, the new show based in, you guessed it, London. I figured this one would be my favorite, being that London is my old stomping ground. I miss that city every day.


London Ink is utterly boring. The wonderful people I knew in London were crazy and fun and wild and terrific. Of course, my old friends aren't tattoo artists. On the show, there are four artists who create tattoos for customers who are then filmed during the tattoo process. The artists are rather stuffy (though perhaps not by English standards!). The customers are stilted as well. On L.A. Ink, the customers cry when they tell their tattoo story and then go berserk and scream "Oh my God!" when they see the finished piece for the first time. On London Ink, the customers briefly explain the tattoo and when it's finished say something profound like, "Oh, nice one."


I love London, I love tattoos (or, rather, tittoos as they keep calling them on the show). I hope that London Ink delivers the good stuff as the episodes keep coming. Perhaps time helps to warm to each artists personality. Or not.


Plus, they gotta let that stupid David Beckham tittoo rest in peace. Mentioning it once was interesting, five times is just pathetic. They actually claimed that Beckham's "guardian angel" tittoo is the most famous tittoo in the world. I didn't even know about it until the show aired. I thought Tupac's Thug Life tittoo might garner that title.

No comments: