WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year


I'm having quite a week, but most of it hasn't been worth blogging about. It's getting to be Christmastime, and anyone who know me understands that I lose any sense that I possess and turn into a retard. I am easily distracted by shiny things, so I LOVE Christmas. I watch all the stupid Christmas specials (only the classics, really, like A Charlie Brown Christmas and How The Ginch Stole Christmas and my all-time fave, Pee-Wee's Christmas Special). I decorate and bake and handmake lots of presents and turn my front yard into a neon catastrophe that can be seen from I-64. I freakin' love Christmas.

Last Saturday my husband took me to Alley Katz Richmond to see a band called Action Patrol. They were a very popular punk band in Richmond in the early to mid '90s. It was too weird for words. My old teacher from VCU was the lead singer and I probably hadn't laid eyes on him in maybe 7 years. I used to have such a crush on him. He didn't crush me back. He looks the same as he did before. I only ran into a few people I knew, I was trying to lay low. I mostly hung out with my wonderful sister. It was very uncomfortable being back in Richmond, however briefly. The show was good, but I was feeling too out-of-sorts to really appreciate it. In Richmond it always felt like everyone is always out to impress and play "let's see who can be the coolest". It's hipster after hipster and I never quite was able to fit in that niche. I guess that I should be thankful for that!

In other boring news, I watched that timeless holiday classis The Devil's Rejects. I also bought tix to see Rob Zombie in Jan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're like a little raccoon!

I have to agree that your sister is indeed awesome. And this isn't her...