WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

NYC and May 2010

My trip to NYC this May to visit lovely Leah was outstanding. I can barely muster the words to describe how visually and aurally stimulating the Massive Attack show at Terminal 5 was. I can say that Martina Topley-Bird is one of the most beautiful women I have ever laid eyes on and she's got a voice that can render a crowd speechless. Massive Attack played a good selection of songs from their new album Heligoland as well as a handful of "greatest hits" from Angel to Karmacoma. Fabulous, jaw-dropping, glorious.

The Buzzcocks were amazing- particularly since I think they're probably eligible to collect Social Security. They kicked ass, serious ass. They played the entirety of Music from Another Kitchen and Love Bites, then launched into an encore featuring their best-loved songs including "What Do I Get?, "Harmony in My Head" and "Orgasm Addict".

I got to visit Tokyo Rebel and it was so lovely and the owners are friggin' awesome. Big love to Tokyo Rebel! If you happen to be in the East Village, make a point of paying them a visit.

Also got to catch a screening of the documentary Exit Through the Gift Shop, one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. Highly recommended, particularly for art aficionados.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was so much fun having you up here! Thanks for being so awesome!