WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Must be losing my mind

Okay, so I need to post something lengthy about my incredible trip to NYC. However, this is weird and I need to know if I'm losing my mind:

This new Twilight movie is called "Eclipse". I read the crappy book but I can't even recall what the hell book #3 was even about. I do know that the books got progressively shittier and the last one was perhaps the worst book I've ever made myself trudge through (I read the whole thing to punish my stupid self for even starting it in the first place). I saw the first Twilight film and I thought it was fun in a goofy way. I still haven't seen the last one that came out. However, I might need to see film number 3 cause of this (again, let me know if I'm losing it):

The film Eclipse is directed by David Slade, the guy who made Hard Candy (pretty good flick) and 30 Days of Night (I quite enjoyed that one a lot). Based upon his his other films, I would see pretty much whatever David Slade directed, or I would at least give it a chance.

Okay, now here's the super odd bit:

The soundtrack to Eclipse features the following artists: The Dead Weather, Bat for Lashes and Beck, Metric, Florence + The Machine, Sia, Vampire Weekend, UNKLE, and the Black Keys. I would have imagined that it would be far more generic tripe. I understand that the first movie featured Iron and Wine and the second had Thom Yorke, but they were still mostly awful. This soundtrack actually makes me excited (yes, yes, even if it didn't feature the Dead Weather, leave me alone).

So with a decent director and a potentially fantastic soundtrack, is it insane that I might actually want to see this movie? Plus, after seeing Kirsten Stewart in The Runaways, I kinda like her (she might even be a good actress).

Don't worry, I don't expect that the film will be any good, but I'm morbidly curious now. I must have left part of my brain in New York cause this all seems a bit wrong to me.

2 comments:

Uglyography said...

The real question is whether you feel that you need to see part 2 in order to enjoy part 3. I suppose you were able to do that with the star wars prequels 1 and 3. But, although they had the force they did not have "sparkle."

Brian said...

In general I think the whole twilight thing is pretty lame. Vampires for mormons... not a good scene. I saw 30 days of night recently and love it but the source material was good. Vampires with no sex or violence = Lame.

Kristen Stewart was in Adventureland which I really liked so I think she's good and just is cashing a pay check with with twilight and her work in some other films is bering that out. If you do see you'll have to blog on the experience could make a good post.