WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy moment in my cruddy day


Wow, I've just been having a rough time at work lately. It's been show after show after show, 6 days, 7 days a week, 10 hr days, 12 hr days, etc etc etc. Personality clashes are ongoing while I try to remain positive and diplomatic. It's difficult when I've had a turdy stinky butt of a day and I have to be the one greeting the patrons with a smile as they arrive.

A nice gentleman arrived with his wife to pick up tickets. I gave him his tickets and he thanked me. Then he gave me a strange look. He stepped away and then once again approached the ticket window. He said the following magic works, "Has anyone ever told you that you look just like that girl on NCIS"? I knew which girl he meant.

Giddy me!

I replied, "yes, my husband says "That's YOU!" every time she's on the screen". Then man laughed and said, "well, she's a nice-looking lady". I thanked him, probably a bit too profusely, but I LOVE Abby.

I know it's a bit trite, but I love Abby and I adore Pauley Perrette. First of all, Pauley was in Almost Famous, the greatest movie ever made. Also, she's 39 years old and she looks about 25. I know makeup on tv is impressive, but that woman is lovely.
Seriously, I know I don't really resemble Abby other than the goth girl look, but it really made my day. ♥

No comments: