WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Thursday, November 13, 2008

All work and no play

Wow, it's been nearly two weeks since I posted. I'm not slack, I'm just working...almost constantly. The theatre world runs in cycles, the busiest times are Oct & Nov, then Feb & March. I have little to post about work, it's been fine other than simply having to be physically present all the time.
This weekend was a massive disappointment. Matt and I preregistered at the Nekocon anime convention which takes place just around the corner from my home. Sadly, Matt was out of commission and I was having to work a great deal more than anticipated. I missed out on a lot of the fun stuff. Fingers crossed that next year may be better.
Fun anecdote regarding my brief visit to Nekocon:
I decided to wear my fun clothes and put on a new dress. It's tight and semi-short and it's made mostly of green and purple vinyl. It's a delightful dress, I figured it was perfect for a comic sort of look. I was walking around a cherubic young man asked me (rather flamboyantly) if he could take my picture. I said sure, but I let him know that I wasn't wearing a costume and wasn't really representing a character. He gasped and replied, "Oh my God! So that's just how you dress???!!!"
Yes. Even the anime geeks think I'm a weirdo. I think I may be reaching new lows. I don't care. I'm still gonna rock that dress.

No comments: