WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A week goes by

Not much has been going on this past week. Work has been slow. My husband and I have been obsessively trying to make our way through the Twin Peaks gold box that I got him for Christmas. We've spent almost every spare moment watching Twin Peaks.
Last Thursday I experiences the Worst Bike Ride Ever. On this occasion, I ate s#!t hard on some gravel on a busy street. Following some bleeding (a little crying cause I am such a pu$$y!) and some limping, I witnessed some cops take down some guys in the parking lot of the Rite Aid near my house. I was trying to cut through the parking lot there to get to my house as quickly as my gimpy bleeding legs would take me, but the cops waved me away right before they ran up on this random car in the parking lot, brandishing their guns and screaming "get your hands up where we can see 'em!". Fun.
On Saturday I went to a great wedding. My husband's cousin got married. She's a lovely, smart, talented and pretty girl who married one heckuva douche bag. The wedding ceremony was a Catholic affair, so it was a bit long. Then to the reception which involved a rather impressive plated dinner and a cake made of a variety of cupcakes. The best part by far was watching the drunken revelers dance to silly disco and cheesy wedding music. Never in my life have I witnessed such bizarre dancing. The saying is that white people cannot dance, and this reception was populated by the whitest people on the face of the earth. Two out of the 100-odd people there were good dancers. Everyone else was insane. It was truly an amazing sight. My sister-in-law and I relished the opportunity to hang back and clown everyone while discreetly shooting video footage on her digital camera. I've e-mailed her to request this footage so that I can post it for all to see and enjoy. Still, the best part wasn't captured on film. My favorite disturbing moment was when the drunken bride was sandwiched in between her drunken douchebag husband and his Night At The Roxbury reject groomsman while they thrust and ground upon her. I immediately turned to my husband and thanked him for not dry-humping me at our wedding or at any time in public.
I never really suffered from allergies before, but here they have arrived in full force this spring. Yuck.
And that's my week. Wonderful and wild, full of bizarre behavior from the residents of Twin Peaks and from the family that I married into.

3 comments:

Sam McDonald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam McDonald said...

What's your problem? I love it when Joe dry humps me in public. You need to loosen up, sister. Or maybe you're OK with CarolSue grinding on you, but it better not be a dude. Is that it? Sounds like sexism to me.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.