WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another week


I've been slackin' on bloggin'. This has been a rather uneventful time period. I was slightly ill last week and had to take some time off work. I went to my aunt's 80th birthday party. My husband and I are still trying to plow our way through all 29 episodes of Twin Peaks. We're up to episode 22 or 23, I can't remember which.

Last night we took a break from Twin Peaks to watch the movie Wristcutters: A Love Story. It's a surprisingly enjoyable (albeit a bit slow-moving) black romantic comedy. Good stuff, plus Tom Waits is in it. He's actually in it a lot more than I thought he would be. He's funny, quintessentially Tom. He gets to have a great dog named Freddy (played by the immensely talented dog Foxie). Freddy was impressive because he looked just like a fusion of my first dog, a Cocker Spaniel named Max, and my current dog, an American Eskimo Spitz called Whitey. If I get another dog some day, I want a Freddy dog. But I digress, Wristcutters is fun and has great music and Tom Waits and Freddy. I couldn't find a picture of Freddy, the best I could do is the image above. You can see Tom Waits who is cradling the dog. That's the top of the dog's head there.

Nothing much else is going on. Going to go to hear Lou Reed at the NorVa on Friday. According to my friend Leah who waited on him at her posh restaurant in New York, Lou's quite old. She said he was nice enough, but definitely old. That was all she really had to say, so Friday's concert should prove interesting for geriatrics like me.

1 comment:

iso.bot said...

yay, i'm glad you enjoyed it. it's one of those that i fell in love with after watching it, not while watching it. it is slow. and the soundtrack is perfect!