WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Monday, July 20, 2009

Hallelujah

Never in my life have I been so happy to return home from a vacation. Never before have I sufficiently appreciated all the glorious aspects of my boring, mundane, brilliant existence. It took a week stuck in Romania on the group tour from hell to help me to fully appreciate all the good things that I have in my life. I am a creature of habit and a woman of solitude, and I am glad for it. However, I have some experience now and I have learned a few important lessons about the world and myself.

I henceforth swear off group tours.
I also need never visit Romania again.
If I ever set foot on another bus, it will be too soon.
In Romania, vegetarianism means that you eat nothing but cheese.
I don't want to eat cheese again, at least not as a main course meal.

I have many, many stories to share, the post would be endless if I even tried to start telling stories. Instead I just send my hellos. I am endlessly and eternally grateful for being home safe and sound with my dog and cats and lovely insane job and meals that don't consist solely of cheese.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Welcome back! Im glad you survived.