WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Unforgivable


As many of you are aware, I am in love with the film Let the Right One In. I know a few of you are, too. This distressing article was sent to me yesterday from Emily, herself a big fan of the film. Almost immediately I went home and picked up my unopened Blu-Ray disc and shot it right back to Amazon. I'll buy it once its fixed, but until then I will not support this sort of pandering. I was rather fond of Magnolia Pictures, but this sort of pandering is unforgivable. The company has promised that future pressings of the DVD and Blu-Ray will include the theatrical subtitles.

http://iconsoffright.com/news/2009/03/let_the_wrong_subtitles_in_to.html

Even NPR got hip to this point and reported on it:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2009/03/a_let_the_right_one_in_subtitl.html

2 comments:

Joe said...

Melissa and I skirted this issue by watching it with the English dub, which, from what I was able to gather, followed the theatrical subtitles to a T. The dubbed voices are corny as hell, of course. But hey, it's a small price to pay.

waltzingmathilda said...

We watched the Netflix version and, aside from the end, didn't understand what all the fuss about it was about...Having read more about it I might be willing to give it another chance-in about fifteen years or so. The version we watched really left a bad taste for me...