WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ghibli Heaven


I do not consider myself to be an anime freak (how many conventions must one attend before they get that crown?). However, I am a worshiper of Studio Ghibli and master Hayao Miyazaki. Tonight theatres across the nation are screening the 1979 Miyazaki film Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro as part of the Anime Bento film festival. Yep, a 1979 anime playing at an AMC Theatre near you! Although it's cheaper to actually buy this DVD, I'll happily drop $10 a ticket if it means events such as these continue.

3 comments:

iso.bot said...

ahhh, i kept seeing mention of this "anime bento" thing and thought it was just something local.

oh miyazaki....

iso.bot said...

hold up... they were dubbed?!?!?!?

lame.

kim said...

Go Miyazaki!!! We're obviously raising Emmy correctly - she loves her 2 stuffed "totowo" dolls (as do I)! Guess we'll need to actually show her the movie one of these days...