WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Jiminy Christmas!

My trip to Romania was so very harrowing (I witnessed car accidents, the near-arrest of our tour guide, people eating raw bacon & dried larvae or some kind, and so much more) that I was considering cancelling my trip to the DragonCon in Atlanta over Labor Day. When I got home, I found a little magazine waiting for me telling me all about the great actors and delightful toys that will be there. I immediately changed my mind and decided I would go to the DragonCon. Today I visited the website and the deal was sealed.

Terry Gilliam will be there.

I have adored Gilliam since I was about 13 years old when my dad finally made me watch The Holy Grail. Since then I have been an avid fan. I even loved Tideland, loved it lots and lots. I can't believe it, I can't wait!

1 comment:

Emily R said...

I love him! I got to shake his hand at the Hirschorn Gallery before a screening of Tideland. :)

I'm so sorry Romania was a wash. I'm reading "The Dead Travel Fast" right now and it sounds like the author had a disastrous trip there as well.

DragonCon will be great. I'm glad you're still going.