WASTING TIME (MINE & YOURS)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shallow

I know that it's stupid and shallow to get excited about makeup, but I do and I am. MAC is my favorite cosmetic brand and they have released their new fall collection, Cult of Cherry. Earlier this year they had a collection inspired and designed by the fantastic French graffiti artist Fafi which was divine. This collection is not quite as exciting, but it's lush and lovely nonetheless. This collection is mainly deep rusts, rich plums and dark chocolates, it just makes my mouth water.
Yes, I realize that it's a ridiculous waste of money cause I have makeup, and I realize that I should be more concerned about world politics, human rights issues, global warming, etc. than the new fall colors. I am astute enough to understand my flaws, and I am indeed a deeply flawed human being. Yet I cannot help myself, I feel so giddy! I am a mildly apologetic consumer. Only mildly, though. If I were that ashamed, I wouldn't be blogging about this.

Don't worry, Matt, I didn't spend too much money...tempting as it may be...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know one thing that isn't shallow ... your suitcase full of makeup! Hey, the last chunk of money you spent on perfume was well spent, just because of the nice laugh I got when you declared that it was all too stinky. Have fun and enjoy the rust of the fall!

Love,
Matt

Misty Beethoven said...

Not all of the perfume was stinky! Three out of eight bottles were good. Ahahahaha! I'm so lame!

waltzingmathilda said...

If it makes you feel better, sometimes, on very RARE occasions, I feel bad because I never learned how to put makeup on at all. Ever. I've only worn it at Halloween and when some evil color guard people made me. I ALWAYS end up looking like a clown.